', 'auto');ga('send', 'pageview');

 Insurance FAQs

Q: What does Business Insurance cover?

A: Business Insurance covers you for material damage losses that occur from an unexpected event like theft, a storm, fire or accidental damage. You can typically get cover for damage or theft of office contents and stock, damage to buildings, glass, money and machinery breakdown. You can also get cover for financial loss that occurs as a result of material damage in the form of Business Interruption Insurance.

Q: Do I need to update the Property and Business Interruption sums insured I have covering my business?

A: It is estimated that between 70-80% of Australian businesses are underinsured. You can often become underinsured over time without realising it, for example, increased costs to build or replace equipment, a change to your business processes or with an increase in the number and value of assets that you own. It is important to review the amount you are insured for regularly, to check that your insurance cover grows with your business.

Q:  When do I receive my Certificate of Currency?

A:  A Certificate of Currency can be provided at any time during the policy term as long as full payment of the premium has been made.

Q:  Does my Business need Public Liability or Product Liability Insurance?

A: The short answer is – yes.

Q: What is Public Liability Insurance?

A: Public Liability provides cover to protect you and your business against the financial risk of the legal liability for a third party personal injury, loss or property damage that is a result of your negligence.

Q: What is Product Liability Insurance?

A: Product Liability Insurance protects you in the event of the goods you sell or supply causing injury, death or damage.

Q: Does Business Liability Insurance cover you for a Cyber Attack or Data Breach?

A:  No, the best way to be covered and protect your Business is to have Cyber Insurance.

Q: Does Home and Contents Insurance cover my Tools of Trade?

A: Generally not, as a Tradesman you need Tradesman Insurance. Some Home and Contents Insurance policies have very limited cover for Tools of Trade, if there is any cover at all. To ensure Tools of Trade which are used in your business are adequately covered you need cover under a Tradesman Insurance policy or a separate Equipment Policy

Don't assume that Tool Insurance is a blanket cover, not all Tool Insurance policies are the same, you need to have the right policy and right level of protection that suits your business.

Q:  If I need to make an After Hours Emergency Claim who do I call?

A: For all after hours or immediate assistance cases, call the 24 hour Customer Hotline 1300 218 992

Insurer claim contact numbers:

AIG - 1300 030 886

Allianz - 131 000

Calibre - 1300 306 226

CGU - 13 24 8

CHU - 1800 022 44

Chubb - 1800 815 67

Miramar - 02 9307 660

QBE - 133 723

QUS -1800 940 830

Steadfast Direct - (02) 9495 6500

Suncorp - 13 11 55

Strata Unit Underwriters - 1800 788 435

Vero - 1300 888 073

Zurich - 132 687

Advice provided by Peter Vickers and Associates Pty Ltd Chartered Accountants Liability Limited by a Scheme under the Professional Standards Legislation ABN 60003466813. Authorised representative of Peter Vickers Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd trading as Peter Vickers Investment Services Australian Credit Licence and Australian Financial Services Licence Number 229302

Contact us for information on Insurance


Join our newsletter subscription


Suite 2/345 Pacific Highway,
Lindfield, NSW 2070

T: 61 2 9496 2300

Peter Vickers Insurance Brokers

Suite 2/345 Pacific Highway
Lindfield NSW 2070
T: 1300 784 011


Suite 3, 31 Brabyn Street
Windsor, NSW 2756
T: 61 2 4577 4455

Follow us on Social Media @pvbglindfield   

© Copyright 2021 VICKERS BUSINESS GROUP Pty Ltd | 1300 784 011 | 02 9496 2300  Our Privacy Policy

Follow us on Social Media @pvbglindfield    

Chartered Accountants:  Liability Limited by a Scheme under the Professional Standards Legislation - AFSL 229302  Peter Vickers & Associates Pty Ltd ACN 003466813 | Peter Vickers Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd AFSL 229302 ACL 229302 ACN 074 294 081
Peter Vickers Insurance Brokers is part of the Steadfast broker network.